Some changes are going on over here at janeporter.ca. (and Jane Porter in general). New blog layout and (yes, that’s right) a new tab next to the “about”:) Nothing there yet but it’s all coming soon!
What’s changed with me? I’M IN OTTAWA – AND STAYING.
After quite the debate in my head of where I should go to “next” (London, Helsinki, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal all being options) I”m happy to call Ottawa home again. Not only because it’s great to be with family – but I feel like I hit this city just at the right time when it comes to innovative sustainability:)
For the last few weeks I’ve been tirelessly plugging myself into the “sustainability” scene here in town – from grassroots operations to the political scene to the larger corporations in town.
Some of the groups in town…
- Ecology Ottawa
- Natural Step
- City of Ottawa Advisory Council of Environment and Planning
- Sustainable Development Council
- Making it Happen
- OCRI Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Ottawa Community Loan Fund
- Ottawa Community Challenge
- Algonquin College (Green Business Management)
- Carleton University (sustainability)
- Young Environmental Professsionals
- Art of Hosting Network – Ottawa
- Boxfish Consulting
Am I missing some important ones? I’m sure I am. If you know of any that you think I’d be interested in talking to, please let me know! I’m always happy to go for a coffee and learn something new about this town!
All in all, it’s good to be home.