Just checked this out on Bob Willard’s blog (a sustainability guru here in Canada).
This is incredible. As he explains:
- Asphalt is going up in price (petroleum based)
- roads collect heat
- why not collect that energy?
- the energy will help payback for the costs
- we need energy closer to homes (micropower)
- innovations in glass making can make this possible
Watch the short video. Check out the company (difficult website though).
Interested to see where it goes. Sounds absolutely crazy and expensive but that’s exactly what we need right now: radical innovations to dramatically shift us from the unsustainable path that we’re on.